[mapserver-users] SOS with database: how to map columns to response

MassimoFerr massimo.ferraguto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 06:15:18 EST 2009

SOS service: It is not at all clear from the Mapserver documentation how to
map my database columns to the xml response fields.

I have spent several days trying and in the end I got the solution after
reading a lot of messages from the mailing list archives. The solution is to
put in the layer metadata section for each data column we want to output to
the SOS response a row like the following:

"sos_myColumnName_alias" "xmlElementNameInResponse"

This is should be highlighted in the SOS page. I post it here hoping it may
be useful to tome other new user.