[mapserver-users] Using IMAGECOLOR to create a transparency mask

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Feb 5 15:17:12 EST 2009

> Perhaps I'm not clear on what constitutes "8-bit pseudocolored map
> generation". I am using the AGG/PNG driver with TRANSPARENT ON.

FWIW, here is my favorite IMAGETYPE block for generating AGG PNGs with
transparency:

   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME "png"
     MIMETYPE "image/png"
     DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
     EXTENSION "png"
     IMAGEMODE RGBA
     TRANSPARENT OFF
   END

It does set transparent off, but the RGBA uses alpha blending to make
transparency anyway. We love it.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA