[mapserver-users] WFS Server Control output by scale?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 6 01:28:16 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using mapserver as a WFS server with OpenLayers to serve some
polygons. How does one control at what scale mapserver will respond to
WFS requests. It looks like OpenLayers makes its request based on a
min/max extents. How do you control this? Can you easily limit when
OpenLayers makes request if you are using fixed scales based on the
scale? or control mapserver based on size/area of extent?

I'm not seeing anything in either projects documentation.

I could use a clue or pointer to docs.

Thanks,
   -Steve