[mapserver-users] Map File for Open Street Map symbology

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Feb 7 06:35:44 EST 2009

Lars Lingner wrote:

> I see that you also had to rename the column "natural". As this is an
> reserved name by postgres, is there an way to use such a name in an
> mapserver expression?
> Although renaming the column did work for me I just want to know how to
> quote correctly.

Natural is reserved keyword in PostgrSQL, but it is not actually denied to use it as a column name. It just needs to be queried like
 select "natural" from osm_line limit 10;
Renaming the column may make living a bit easier, many PostGIS drivers I have used with GIS programs are sending SQL simply like "select natural..." and that will fail.

-Jukka Rahkonen-