[mapserver-users] Re: Regarding Apache

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 9 10:01:47 EST 2009

jim white wrote:

> I have tried recently switching between cgi and DSO. Our site uses PHP
> MapScript 5.02 and what I have noticed is that with cgi it helps to
> insert flush() and/or ob_flush() in the script. However, running as DSO
> pages will not load and I have to comment out flush() and ob_flush().

On which OS and with which version of PHP? Can you please be more
specific on "pages will not load"? Did you get a 500 (internal server
error), an empty response, or no response at all (browser hangs)? Any
hints in Apache's error_log when that happens? Does this happen even if
you do not use any function from php_mapscript.so (or do you know which
MapScript function triggers the issue)? Finally, do you have a short
script that reproduces this?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette