AW: [mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo problem

Schönhammer, Herbert Schoenhammer.Herbert at Regensburg.de
Tue Feb 10 01:25:32 EST 2009

Hi,

I observed a similar problem changing from mapserver 4.10.x to mapserver 5.x.x. I got the identical error message, but I'm using postgis.

Defining a wfs, you must define a DATA statement.

In your case something like this:

    DATA 'KGEOM(?) from (SELECT BLOAZ, TAJOL, MERAR, ORT1X, ORT1Y, ORT2X, ORT2Y, KGEOM, TGEOM, SORSZAM, bgeom FROM blokk_a0 WHERE sorszam = 26 as foo using unique xxx using SRID=yyyy'

In my case, the error occured, if the datatype of attribute xxx was a character datatype (like character varying). This is allowed by mapserver 4.x.x.

Mapserver 5.x.x expects a numeric datatype (int or serial or something like this) as datatype for the fid attribute.

So in my case changing the datatype of the fid attribute solved the problem. Perhaps this might ba a solution for you too.

regards
Herbert

ERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

What goes wrong for the error and the nothing-shown case?

thank you in advance.
Best regards: Balázs Bámer