[mapserver-users] Scalebar (and C# mapscript) issue

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Fri Feb 13 14:20:00 EST 2009

Hello

I am having strange issue with scalebar. I have scalebar displayed on
map (embed) and scale units are set to miles. It has size of 200x10
pixels. It shows up fine on the map. Then at run time  (using C# map
script), I just change the units to feet or meters and the bar size
shrinks (to almost 10 pixels length), which appears strange to me. Why
would the scalebar length changes by changing units. Is there any other
setting I need to set to maintain the same scalebar size?

This works fine (or not noticeable) for maps which have extents at city
level. I am testing on map which displays Ontario province (Canada).
Also, you need to have projection elements defined at both map and layer
level. In my case, the projection is same (WGS 1984).

Thanks

Murty