[mapserver-users] MapServer conferences on mapserver.org

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Fri Feb 13 16:36:33 EST 2009

Hi folks,

While zapping around the internet, I stumbled over this site:

http://old-mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mum/index2003.html

It's the proceedings of the first MapServer conference at the University
of Minnesota, on the beautiful campus of St. Paul, June 6-7 2003. I
remember  that conference with much pleasure , and I guess more people
do, as this was the first time MapServer developers and users met face
to face, including MapServer's mother and father (isn't that a weird
idea, parents meeting for the first time long after their child was
born?). And Frank Warmerdam wasn't even there! Wouldn't it be a nice
idea to put all MapServer conferences somewhere on the MapServer.org
site? Much of it has only historical value of course, but there have
been some very interesting talks and workshops in all those years. And
who said history isn't important?

Jan