[mapserver-users] Status on ticket 2582?

paalkr pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Tue Feb 17 09:53:10 EST 2009

Hi!

Thanks Daniel for taking responsibility for this issue, which has been
around for far to long :-) I agree that ticket 1952 discusses a more
flexible functionality, but I don't think we need to make this more
complicated than it is already. I can't see a situation where you would like
to hide a layer from one service type, but not in an other (but thats my
opinion). Fixing the 2582 bug would satisfy many of the user needs on this
issue.

Taking the GROUP functionality into consideration seems to be important, as
this possibly could cause some mixup if a hidden layer is inside a group
layer. What if all layers inside a GROUP is hidden? Should the group layer
still be exposed in the capabilities document? I'd say yes, but other may
have a different opinion.

Regards,
Pål Kristensen