[mapserver-users] trying new label positioning - no change

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 18 00:02:07 EST 2009

William: In my testing a polygon layer is definitely starting at position CC.  Any chance
you're using an annotation layer here? I have found an issue if that's the case. The decision
to using one set of positions vs another is made based on the layer type NOT the geometry
type. So annotation layers are treated as point layers regardless of the source geometry. As
the code sits now that information is lost. Wasn't an issue previously since we didn't vary
things. I'll file a bug on this issue.

Let me know if this isn't the case for you.

One work around is to ditch annotation layers for polygons. They really aren't necessary with
the addition of the label priority support in 5.0.

Steve

>>> William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> 02/17/09 2:55 PM >>>
(Sorry, OSX mail habit, the images would be inline next to appropriate
text descriptions)

The first is POSITION AUTO.  Not what I was expecting.

The second is POSITION CC.  What I was expecting for AUTO, now.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Steve Lime wrote:

> So what are pictures 1 & 2 representing? There's certainly a
> difference and I would have expected
> picture 2 to represent the new labeling with CC as the first choice.
>
> Steve

> <7DA25C07-8345-491D-B082-B268EE4802A5 at kyngchaos.com>, William
> Kyngesburye
> <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying the new label positioning improvements for polygons in
>> trunk from
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/606
>>
>> but AUTO seems to be ignoring the initial CC in the new ordering -
>> with no collisions with other labels, all polygons are labelled at
>> the
>> UL corner of the polygon center.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.