[mapserver-users] trying new label positioning - no change

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Feb 18 12:54:23 EST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 12:54 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Hmm, but mixing the annotations with their geometry in a single
> layer means you can't turn geometry and annotations on and off
> separately - I often want to show just the feature geometry, yet be
> able to turn on their annotations if I need it.
>
> Also, what about the drawing order?  Won't other feature layers then
> draw on top of earlier feature layers and annotations of those
> layers?  Or does the label cache force ALL annotations to draw last,
> no matter what layer they're on?

Simply changing the polygon annotation layer to type polygon does the
trick.  Without any style attributes, and only a label block, the
geometry is not drawn again and it uses the polygon label ordering.
And it still lets me keep label and geometry layers separate.

And I'm not really worried about performance right now.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always
now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the
accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan