[mapserver-users] MSCompanion: A new Mapfile WYSWYG editor is finally available for you

enri enri at 163.com
Sat Feb 21 12:02:39 EST 2009

Hi, James,

when you run MSCompanion the first time, it will create a config file according to your settings in the folder of the EXE file as I expect, which named as msc.cfg. If you can not find such a file, perhaps every time you start it, it will compain about the directories.

As for the settings of directories, please go to the "System Directories" tab of the "System Config" dialog, check "Guess the other directories when one of them is set", and click the button right of the first "Mapserver Utilities Directory", locate to the "shp2img.exe"  file, for MS4W could be "C:\ms4w\tools\mapserv\shp2img.exe", then if you have MS4W installed, it should verify the other directories correctly.

if the directories are right, usually it should work. Please tell me if the problem is still there.

Good luck,
enri.