[mapserver-users] Re: Python mapscript: inline point feature How To

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:53:39 EST 2009

Answered my own question using Sean Gillies AWESOME unit tests - again.
http://kentuckykarst.org/mapserver/mapscript/python/tests/cases/fonttest.py

  title_layer = mapobject.getLayerByName("title")
  point = mapscript.pointObj(500, 4)
  coords = mapscript.lineObj()
  coords.add(point)
  feature = mapscript.shapeObj(title_layer.type)
  feature.add(coords)
  feature.text = title_string
  title_layer.addFeature(feature)

I also had to comment out the FEATURE section of my mapfile, in order to
prevent having 2 entries in the resulting map.