[mapserver-users] Setting scale on mapobject

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Thu Feb 26 10:23:54 EST 2009

Hi Anders,
the mapObject.scale is deprecated, use mapObject.scaledenom. It is the
denominator of the scale ratio: if the scale is 1:100000, the
mapObject.scale(denom) is  100000.
This is a read-only property, it cannot be set programmatically because
it is set by the mapObject.drawMap() function, but you can use the
mapObject.zoomscale() function. Take a look here:
http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/index.html#mapobj-class.

Zoomlevel I don't know, perhaps you refer to zoomfactor, that is a
parameter of the mapObject.zoompoint() function.

hth

--
Pietro Giannini
Bytewise srl - Area GIS