[mapserver-users] Status on ticket 2582?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 26 12:00:14 EST 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi guys: I think we need a small RFC on this issue. The impacts are too
> broad to handle
> without a formal plan. Anyone care to take the lead?

I agree with the need for a RFC, but as I found out in reading some of
the comments (which reminded me of all the past headaches related to
this), there are several angles to consider, so before we even think of
a RFC we need an organized discussion on this.

I have prepared a Wiki page to collect use cases, and eventually start
proposing and discussing solutions:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/HidingLayersInOGCWebServices

You are invited to add well documented use cases to the page. I have
started with a few of the most common ones that I remembered.

The rest of the discussion on this topic should happen on the
mapserver-dev list. I'll go start another thread there now.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/