[mapserver-users] wcs client support

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:23:22 EST 2009

Hi Frank,

Apologies if this is a dense question, but is it correct to assume the
following:

1) create an XML file similar to this one that points at valid WCS service:
<WCS_GDAL>
  <ServiceURL>http://maps.gdal.org/cgi-bin/mapserv_dem?</ServiceURL>
  <CoverageName>srtmplus_raw</CoverageName>
</WCS_GDAL>

2. Create a Mapserver LAYER with TYPE raster, and where the DATA line
points to the above-mentioned XML file.

Is that it?  Do I need to specify in the LAYER something special for
Mapserver to use GDAL to query the WCS via the XML file? (whew, say
that 3x fast)

Thanks,

Roger