[mapserver-users] Rotated TrueType Point Symbols - Issue

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 17:28:34 EST 2009

David

> Are you saying that you are using the latest trunk code and
> you are still seeing this problem?

In a previous reply I got from Thomas Bonfort who asked much the same
question as you are above, I asked "Are you referring to "Revision 8379:
/trunk"?" and "I'm working with version 5.2.1 downloaded with the MS4W
package."

To be honest, I don't know if this is the latest or not and I don't really
know what "trunk code" is :(

I also wrote in the same email to Thomas, "If that's the case, I assume that
I would have to download and compile the files then overwrite my existing
files. This is my first bash at MapServer and it's a steep learnig curve!"
Thomas hasn't replied as yet.

So, I suppose my questions are still the same i.e. do I have to recompile
using the latest code? Yikes!

To give you some more info, I also created a square symbol to see how that
rotated and it didn't show correctly at all. I've attached a couple of
images showing an arrow symbol (not square) which, when rotated, appears to
rotate on the bottom left corner. I could live with the symbol rotating on
its centre by creating something with the arrow head in the middle and
putting a couple of tiny dots in the font character so that it appears to be
a large square - Like so (the following probably won't come out right but it
will give you an idea):

.
  <-
.

Not ideal as the dots would show but they would be tiny - as I say, I could
live with that. It would be ideal if an anchor point could be specified but
how that could be done with a ttf and scaling I do not know :(

Many thanks,

Regards,

Donald