[mapserver-users] error with GRID

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jan 6 13:17:06 EST 2009

simone.frigerio wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a problem with Esri GRID raster in my mapfile. If I have a DEM,
> for example, in the object layer what is the correct path that I have to
> use? GRID esri has a folder "DEM" and a folder INFO. The error is
> referred to the path of this layer, but I don't understand the real
> solution.
> Thanks.

I believe there should be a file named "hdr.adf" in your DEM folder.
You can then try the command "gdalinfo hdr.adf" on that file to see if
GDAL can access that grid file.  If successful then I would use that
file in your DATA parameter in your mapfile layer.  (I believe you can
also use the DEM folder for both also, but I cannot verify right at this
second)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna