[mapserver-users] How to draw a specific image per point element?

Ludovico Bianchini metlud at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 10 03:09:39 EST 2009

- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Postgres 8.1
- jvm 1.6.0
- tomcat 5.5
- struts2
- ms4w 2.3.0 (mapscript.jar, mapscript.dll, all other dlls taken from this
pack)
- postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc4.jar

Hi all,
I have a database table of this type:
TB_POINT (id NUMBER,
geo GEOMETRY,
title VARCHAR,
icon VARCHAR,
photo_path VARCHAR)

and a mapfile's layer as:
LAYER
		NAME "tb_point"
		STATUS off
		TYPE POINT
		TRANSFORM true
		POSTLABELCACHE true
		CONNECTION "user=xxxxx password=xxxxx dbname=xxxxx host=xxxxx port=xxxxx"
		CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		DATA "geo from xxxxx.tb_point"
		MAXSCALE 50000
		CLASSITEM "icon"

		CLASS
			EXPRESSION "1"
			STYLE
				BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
				COLOR 0 0 0
				SYMBOL "a"
				MAXSIZE 10
			END
		END

		CLASS
			EXPRESSION "2"
			STYLE
				BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
				COLOR 0 0 0
				SYMBOL "b"
				MAXSIZE 10
			END
		END

END

Based on value of field "icon" mapserver draw symbol "a" or symbol "b".
What I am trying to do is to draw, based on value on field "photo_path",
an image saved in file system.
I'll appreciate very much any suggestions, ideas or links to tutorials
and related documentation.

Thanks in advance
Ludovico