[mapserver-users] Map file color value from shapefile attribute - what is the appropriate format?

Mike Dunham-Wilkie mike at barrodale.com
Sat Jan 10 12:32:45 EST 2009

I understand that with Mapserver 5, values for mapfile COLOR, OUTLINECOLOR,
etc. attributes can come from a shapefile attribute, but I cannot figure out
what format this value should take in the shapefile.  E.g., if the mapfile
refers to a shapefile column called MY_COLOR, what would an appropriate
format for the MY_COLOR value: e.g.  '100 255 0', '#FF3355', etc.

Many thanks,...
Mike