[mapserver-users] MapServer on Intel Atom?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 05:35:24 EST 2009

Hi, thanks.

The vectors are quite simple. I've never experienced slow down when displayed vector data, not even on an old Toshiba M20 laptop.

Raster, on the other hand, is always the biggest problem. Compared to polygons, my raster is always slower to zoom, to pan, etc (despite the size is only 500 Mb). Is displaying raster more CPU-intensive or memory-intensive? If I'm using Intel Atom, will my raster be affected severely?

Also, can using bigger RAM (let say, 2GB or so) compensate for the lack of processing power of Intel Atom?

Thanks again,
-Kresh