[mapserver-users] Mapserver queries for line layer

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 13 16:20:27 EST 2009

Here's an example that uses OpenLayers with a hover event to fire queries off to MapServer:

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/waters/csg/index_copy.html

The relevant javascript is at:

  http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/waters/csg/current_test.js

When ever the user pauses the app fires a query off to MapServer. In this case I'm querying points
but the same code would work for lines. If the query fails (e.g. nothing found) I use the webObj
EMPTY parameter to return content that just contains a -1. If it succeeds, templated query results
are passed back and displayed. In this case I'm using an Ext.js window but you could just as easily
update a div or use another popup library.

Hope it helps...

Steve