[mapserver-users] GPX format supported?

bean at warbaby.com bean at warbaby.com
Tue Jan 13 19:20:02 EST 2009

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I ran ogrinfo on both "waypoints" and
"track_points". "waypoints" returns 147 entries and "track_points"
returns 0 entries (there are no tracks recorded in my GPS unit at
this point, just trying to keep it simple for now). This is returned
from a Garmin eTrex Venture through gps babel.

Thanks for entering the SVN.

I am still puzzled about my mapfile layer however. It fails to parse
when CLASS is added and the layer fails to load when CLASS is
deleted. I feel sure my mapfile layer syntax is correct (although my
previous blooper with the errant END statement says I shouldn't be so
sure). Would you mind looking for obvious errors for the following?

LAYER
   NAME 'GPS'
   TYPE POINT
   CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
   CONNECTION '/Applications/MAMP/d/DATA/NonGrassFiles/GPX/gpsbabel_output.gpx'
   DATA 'waypoints'
   STATUS ON
   DEBUG 5
   CLASS