[mapserver-users] Junk text field values for ArcSDE layers

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Thu Jan 15 12:31:32 EST 2009

Hello

I am having some issue with attribute (field) values for ArcSDE or
Oracle Spatial layers. All text field values are becoming junk
characters (after calling queryByRect() method). I am using C# map
script and VS 2008. This is happening for text fields. Number and date
fields seems to be fine. Is there any special encoding I need to handle
in .Net when values are retrieved (shapeObj.values)? Same field values
looks fine in ArcIMS and ArcMap.

Thanks

Murty