[mapserver-users] questions about GRIB2 data and mapserver

Pablo Romero romero619 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:05:23 EST 2009

Hello,
i use a graphics program named "GrADS" to weather forecast data in GRIB2 format.
these plots are mostly of shaded contours.
In the past, Ive been able to create tile overlays for google maps, so that I can add my shaded contours of weather forecast data overlaid onto a google map. The process was very inefficient & slow, because the GrADS graphics program wasnt designed for this type of use, so I had to implement many workarounds.

I am wondering if mapserver has any native ability to produce such tiles with shaded contours/overlays from data that's stored in GRIB2 format?
has anything like this ever been done before???

an example would be creating a plot such as the following image.
http://charts.metcentral.com/nww3/bfc8790c6b820cd30410fce22673e420/6.png

minus the text surrounding the image, just the map and an overlay of contours & vector arrows that were created from data stored in a GRIB1/GRIB2 file.
is this remotely possible???
Please help,
P.Romero