[mapserver-users] Mapserver --> ESRI sde --> zlib -->core dump

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:34:26 EST 2009

On Jan 16, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Russell McOrmond wrote:

>  Has anyone in this forum bumped up with this problem and found a
> workaround?  I'm currently using ArcSDE 9.2sp5 . Is this something
> that is known to be fixed in 9.3?

This was supposedly fixed in 9.3.  The only work around is to not
store the raster data as LZW or compressed in any way ( can be set
with a keyword option using the normal SDE mechanisms for such things).

Another thing to try is to ensure that GDAL links with the zlib in
$SDEHOME/lib by linking to the sde.so and remove all instances of -lz
in GDALMake.opt and ensure that GDAL is configured with an external
zlib (so it doesn't use its own).  IIRC, I was able to get things to
work with this messy hackery as well.

Sorry, I can't be of much help.  ESRI made the situation even better
for 9.3.  They don't even ship the *nix SDE SDKs.  You have to ask for
them to mail them to you :(

Howard