[mapserver-users] dynamically added shapes and their values

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:09:06 EST 2009

Totally spit balling...

What about writing your layer to a temp. file that's KML/GML.

The file size is small, it carries the attributes you want, and it's easy to  write the file using anything that writes text files (presumable C# can write text files ... but I know Microsoft misses little details from time to time).

Then write yourself a little mapfile you can open... maybe following this as a guide...
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/gml.html
-or-
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/kml.html

And just change "CONNECTION" using Mapscript to whatever the location of your newly created KML/GML file happens to be, then proceed with the processing.