[mapserver-users] Mapscript won't load after PHP update

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jan 22 11:58:24 EST 2009

Dominik Schmid wrote:

> PHP Warning:  dl() [<a href='function.dl'>function.dl</a>]: MapScript:
> Unable to initialize module
> Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
> PHP    compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
> These options need to match in ......
>
> I made double sure that I compiled against the correct (new) version of
> PHP so that can't be the issue here. I have not found any information as
> to what else I can check or as to what else I could be doing wrong so I
> need to ask here.

There is not much else to check. This error really tells you that the
php_mapscript.so you are loading was compiled for the wrong version of PHP.

Sounds like you need to make triple sure that you have installed and are
compiling against the correct set of php-devel files: yum install the
php-devel package for the right version of php and make sure you
uninstall any previous version.

If that doesn't solve your problem then perhaps try sharing your
MapServer configure options with us on the list...

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/