[mapserver-users] Mapscript won't load after PHP update

Dominik Schmid dominik.schmid at ilu.ch
Fri Jan 23 03:46:27 EST 2009

Thanks, Daniel for the quick reply. I did make sure that php-devel is
also up-to-date (even checked the /usr/include/php directory manually if
it had been updated). I did the update on the test machine so I can
cross check with the productive server for differences. One thing I
notice is, that phpinfo() on the test server doesn't list the Mapscript
module anymore as it does on the productive server. We installed the
older version of PHP (5.1.6) also using yum. Mapserver is configured
with the following options:

--with-ogr \
--with-proj \
--with-geos=/usr/bin/geos-config \
--with-gdal \
--with-postgis=/usr/bin/pg_config \
--with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd \
--with-php=/usr/include/php \
--with-wfs \
--with-wfsclient \
--with-wmsclient \
--enable-debug \
--with-threads \
--with-wcs \
--with-wcsclient \
--with-sos \
--with-gd \
--with-freetype=/usr/bin \
--with-jpeg \
--with-agg=/srv/software/agg-2.5

Could it be the case that I need to recompile PHP to use the same
Mapscript version as Mapserver? I don't see any configure option on the
old (5.1.6.) PHP version indicating this.

Dominik

--
Dominik Schmid
Dipl. Umweltnaturwissenschafter ETH