[mapserver-users] Impact of file formats on GIS industry and services

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Jan 24 07:08:43 EST 2009

Hello, everybody!

I am preparing an updated, extended edition of my seminar "How file
formats can be used to favor (or hamper) innovation: concrete impacts
on free markets, business competition, culture, equal opportunities,
education, Public Administration..."

You can download, read and reuse the 2005 edition from
http://www.opendocumentfellowship.com/MarcoFioretti

I'd like to give complete coverage of the matter, including a section
on GIS. As long as it's about file formats, I am really interested in
examples from this field. So, I welcome, either here or privately,
anything about GIS you think should be mentioned in a seminar with
such a title.

Once I've finished, of course, I'll put this edition too on my ODF web
page!

TIA,
    Marco Fioretti
    http://mfioretti.net