[mapserver-users] mapfile: displaying a feature from a shapefile.

kende chankour at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:24:32 EST 2009

Hi Jukka,

Thank you for your reply, I did RTFM before posting my question, and tried
LABELITEM (that was one of the several 'ways' quote in my original post),
also tried a separate layer for just the road names (separate and grouped),
and may other things, and none seemed to work, I didn't want to add too much
clutter
to my post, and my mapfile went through a lot of 'revisions/versions'.

Thanks.

Hi,

Looks like there is no LABELITEM set on layer descriptions.  Document "An
introduction to MapServer" (http://www.mapserver.org/introduction.html) does
mention LABELITEM but that part of text is messy.  Perhaps it should be
reviewed.

-Jukka Rahkonen-