[mapserver-users] plz response immediate(msSaveImageGD(): Unable to open file for writing)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 26 08:56:20 EST 2009

Amiya Patra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for reply. I tried all those steps found at the URL which you
> sent. But, still it's not working. The same file works fine in Linux. I
> got the following error:
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSaveImageGD(): Unable to open file
> ./../temp/363403.gif for writing in *C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\data\xy.php*
> on line *578*
>
> *Fatal error*: Failed writing image to ./../temp/363403.gif in
> *C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\data\xy.php* on line *578
>
> *Please, help me regarding this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Amiya.

Note that MS4W is pre-configured for the following settings:

   IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
   IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

I recommend following the structure of an existing MS4W add-on package
(such as the "PHP/MapScript Sample Application") and look at its
mapfiles to see how they are working.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna