[mapserver-users] .img raster file (8 bit and 1 band)

simone.frigerio simone.frigerio at unimib.it
Mon Jan 26 11:06:19 EST 2009

Dear All!

1) I have an .img raster file (8 bit and 1 band) to put
inside mapfile. Pixel value goes from 0 to 255 (field
value)  there are also other filed of information that I
want to use to classify my layer. This is a draft of the
layer table:
OID     value          sin
0         0                0,002
1         4                0,001
2         8                0,128
....       ...               ......
84       255            0,98

How can I define mapfile to have a "floating"
classification? There is an expression to constrict
mapserver to use a value field. The other solution is to
do 256 classes.... But it's quite long.  I found on doc
the instruction to use not 8-bit classification. But this
8bit so I need other way.

2) If I want to define a query for the same layer in wich
for each pixel appears the voice of "sin" field. I have
seen the script  for 3 bands; how can I do wit my layer?:
Pixel:<br>
   values=[value_list]<br>

   value_0=[value_0]<br>
   value_1=[value_1]<br>