[mapserver-users] Create a button for Query

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Thu Jan 29 05:35:45 EST 2009

There is not another way than use javascript.

The mapserver cgi receive the "mode" (can be "map", "browse",
"query","nquery"...) parameter from the template because the template
contains - in the form which do a "submit()" - a control named "mode".

The drop-down list sure is named "mode", so there can be not another
control - e.g. a hidden field - named "mode".

The only way is making a button like:
<input type"button" value="query the map"
onclick="javascript:document.forms['mapserv'].mode.value='query';" />
A click on button change the drop-down value in "browse", and a click on
the map will submit the url with a parameter like "... &browse=query..."

... At this point you can also prefer to change the drop-down with a
series of buttons, one for each "mode" you want, each button changing the
value of an hidden field named "mode"...

--
Pietro Giannini
Bytewise srl - Area GIS