[mapserver-users] Ruby Mapscript on Windows

hazzard43 at fastmail.fm hazzard43 at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 30 01:47:01 EST 2009

Does anybody have any advice on how to get Ruby Mapscript working on
Windows (2003), or does anybody have any pre-compiled Windows Ruby
bindings? I'm a bit stuck finding a working version. The MS4W package
comes with C#, Java, PHP and Python bindings, but no Ruby, and I haven't
been able to find any online. I've tried compiling my own copy of
Mapserver using the Visual Studio .NET 2003 and the buildkit available
at http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/dl/buildkit/, and while I can manage
a working copy of mapserv.exe I haven't been able to compile the Ruby
bindings. I'm able to run 'ruby extconf.rb' and generate a makefile, but
running 'nmake' gets me some function redefinition errors (for strnicmp
and stricmp between string.h and mapserver.h).

If anybody's either had any experience generating the Ruby bindings on
Windows or has a precompiled set of files, any help would be
appreciated. I can supply more detailed information about the
environment or the errors if it'll help.

Thanks,

Peter

  hazzard43 at fastmail.fm

--