[mapserver-users] GeoJSON output from MapServer

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 03:28:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr ha scritto:

> Fabio,
>
> Glad to here you are here too :-)
>
> I can certainly use both GeoServer and MapServer but this is not
> something I would like at the end. Since I am still investigating all
> this, I am not in such a hurry to get it working with my data ASAP.
> So, I would rather go with one of your Mapserver solutions.
It is not so difficult...just 2, 3 minutes to load your layer in
GeoServer ;-)

> My first question, to be sure - so MapOl reads/gets the GeoJSON data
> from Geoserver WFS and outputs GeoJSON data to WebClient? If I
> understand Steve correctly, there is no way currently to get GeoJSON
> output from MapServer WFS, only with CGI? So we come to your solution 2.

If you want to use the second solution you must create the HTTP string
to get GeoJSON from CGI-MapServer and than you must change MapOl request
to receive data and read them.
If you want send me the URL and I'll send you the new MapOl as soon as
possbile!

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions