[mapserver-users] GeoJSON output from MapServer

Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Thu Jul 2 17:15:41 EDT 2009

Steve,

Is there any GeoJSON example I can see? I must be missing something
trivial,

When I put:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME 'geojson'
  DRIVER TEMPLATE
  MIMETYPE 'application/json; subtype=geojson'
  TEMPLATE 'myTemplate.js'
END

in my.map file and call for example
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/pmapper/pmapper-3.2.0/config/default/geojson_demo.map&layer=countries"
(this works correctly without geojson part), I get: getString(): Symbol
definition error. Parsing error near (TEMPLATE):(line 74)

If I put DRIVER 'TEMPLATE' then I get: loadOutputFormat(): Unknown
identifier. Parsing error near (TEMPLATE):(line 76)

Finally, putting FORMATOPTION 'FILE=myTemplate.js' instead of TEMPLATE
gives me: loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
references driver TEMPLATE, but this driver isn't configured.

So, I am obviously doing something wrong regardless the myTemplate.js
file? (anyway, can you give me an example .js file, anything that could
help :-)

regards, dejan