[mapserver-users] SLD-Integration with UMN Mapserver

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 3 10:01:59 EDT 2009

Hi there,

  The wms_sld_url metadata is used on WMS layers (wms client) in the map
file, so that when a GetMap request is done to retrieve the layer from a
remote WMS server, the SLD is sent in the request and used by the remote
WMS server to style the layer. Is that your understanding and what you
attempted?
There is no  way currently to use the styling out of an sld on a
map/layer by specifying it in the map file. There is a possibility to do
so using Mapscript's functions applysld (on map and layer objects).

Best regards,

Sebastian Luhmer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> does anybody know, how I can integrate SLD-Files with the UMN Mapserver?
> According to the Mapserver documentation, this can be done by adding
> wms_sld_url in the Metadta-Part within the Layer-Description in the
> Mapfile and pointing to a remote SLD File.
> I have done all this, but the layer ist stylied by the
> styling-information contained in the mapfile and not by the SLD-File
> (like it sholuld be.
>
> Can anybody give me a hint, how i can embedd SLD Files with Mapserver?
>
> Best regards, Sebastian!
>
> ------------------------------
> Sebastian Luhmer
> Student assistant
> Center for Development Research
> Department of Ecology and Resource Management
> Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
> 53113 Bonn (Germany)
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
> FAX: +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889