[mapserver-users] Question About WCS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 3 12:19:42 EDT 2009

Dillabough, Craig wrote:
> Hi,
> I am brand new to MapServer, and I am trying to figure out WCS.
>
> I've been following the instructions on
> http://mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html
> and was making some progress as executing a GetCapabilities request
> returns what I was expecting. However when I try to execute a
> DescribeCoverage request I only see the following:
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
> <CoverageDescription
>    version="1.0.0"
>    updateSequence="0"
>     ... Etc ....
>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wcs
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wcs/1.0.0/describeCoverage.xsd">
> </CoverageDescription>
>
> Based on the tutorial I am also expecting to see a CoverageOffering
> element as well with something like:
>
> <CoverageOffering>
>   <name>week19</name>
>   <label>Week19</label>
>  ... Etc ....
> </CoverageOffering>

> If anyone can see anything obvious as to why I am not getting the
> expected result I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Craig,

You did not provide the request you issued in your email.  I am suspecting
there is an issue with the name of the coverage you requested to be
described but I would need to see the request issued.  If the server is
public it would also be helpful to know the url so I could experiment against
it.

Best regards,