[mapserver-users] GeoJSON output from MapServer

Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Tue Jul 7 02:37:54 EDT 2009

Thanks Steve,

I did all that and I get:

loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references
driver TEMPLATE, but this driver isn't configured.

Do I have an older MapServer version? Currently, I run this on ms4w 2.2.7
(MapServer 5.0.2), but as I remember, I have also tried with 3.0-beta3
(MapServer 5.4.0) and got the same result.

Does it mean this driver is not supported in those versions?

regards, dejan

mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org wrote on 06.07.2009 18:00:03:

> Two things:
>
> 1) TEMPLATE is a keyword and must be quoted at the moment, so use
> DRIVER 'TEMPLATE'
>
> 2) The file to be used in the OUTPUTFORMAT is given like this:
>
>   FORMATOPTION 'FILE=/some/template/file/...'
>
> 3) You're call to MapServer needs to be a query. For example:
>
>   http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
> map=/ms4w/apps/pmapper/pmapper-3.2.0/config/default/geojson_demo.
> map&layer=countries&mode=nquery&qformat=geojson
>
> This call will use all the default EXTENT value in the mapfile to
> query all eligible layers and run the
> results through the geojson driver.
>
> I'm doing this to produce javascript code that gets executed by an
> Ext.JS component. Not purely
> GeoJSON but it works similarly.
>
> Steve

> <OFA82DFB5F.67E53647-ONC12575E7.0073E271-C12575E7.0074CA4C at pula.hr>,
> <Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr> wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > Is there any GeoJSON example I can see? I must be missing something
> > trivial,
> >
> > When I put:
> >
> > OUTPUTFORMAT
> >   NAME 'geojson'
> >   DRIVER TEMPLATE
> >   MIMETYPE 'application/json; subtype=geojson'
> >   TEMPLATE 'myTemplate.js'
> > END
> >
> > in my.map file and call for example
> > "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
> map=/ms4w/apps/pmapper/pmapper-3.2.0/con
> > fig/default/geojson_demo.map&layer=countries"
> > (this works correctly without geojson part), I get: getString():
Symbol
> > definition error. Parsing error near (TEMPLATE):(line 74)
> >
> > If I put DRIVER 'TEMPLATE' then I get: loadOutputFormat(): Unknown
> > identifier. Parsing error near (TEMPLATE):(line 76)
> >
> > Finally, putting FORMATOPTION 'FILE=myTemplate.js' instead of TEMPLATE

> > gives me: loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT
clause
> > references driver TEMPLATE, but this driver isn't configured.
> >
> > So, I am obviously doing something wrong regardless the myTemplate.js
> > file? (anyway, can you give me an example .js file, anything that
could
> > help :-)
> >
> > regards, dejan
> > "Steve Lime" <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote on 02.07.2009
15:35:28:

> >> What does myTemplate.js look like?

> >> Thanks Fabio,
> >>
> >> As I said in my last post, I can't get GeoJSON output using this
> >> outputformat:
> >>
> >> OUTPUTFORMAT
> >>   NAME 'geojson'
> >>   DRIVER 'TEMPLATE'
> >>   MIMETYPE 'application/json; subtype=geojson'
> >>   FORMATOPTION 'FILE=myTemplate.js'
> >> END
> >>
> >> :-(
> >>
> >> regards, dejan