[mapserver-users] Oracle native / Oracle OGR

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:59:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've already tested these 2 methods with a couple of mapfiles on Windows,
but I haven't found significant differences in the rendering speed.

In my special case the OGR option was more compelling, since in this case we
can use STYLEITEM "AUTO" option. Therefore I could easily migrate all the
stuff from OGR TAB files to Oracle spatial by keeping the labeling and style
information and only some trivial replaces had to be done in the existing
mapfiles to switch from the tabfiles to the Oracle data sources.

Best regards,

Tamas