[mapserver-users] Problems with shape.index after layer.addFeature (MS 5.4.1 and C#)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:58:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

In my understanding it's up to the driver how the index is specified and it
's not safe to expose the setter of the shape index value. The most trivial
option of setting the indexes to different values by the driver is to
increment the index in each addfeature for the inline layers. Otherwise the
shapes cannot be distinguished in the query result sets.

Best regards,

Tamas