[mapserver-users] Scaling Image Symbol Offset

David Martin David at itbeyond.com.au
Thu Jul 16 20:24:24 EDT 2009

I am developing a new application and am rendering around a load of
graphic symbol layers using a Map file layer such as

LAYER

    NAME        cape_headland_point

    STATUS      ON

    GROUP       all

    DATA        'ExplorOz/Places/Cape,Headland,Point'

    TYPE        POINT

    SYMBOLSCALE 1000000

    CLASS

        STYLE

            SYMBOL [POIImage]

            MAXSIZE 15

            MINSIZE 4

            SIZE 8

        END

    END

    METADATA

          "wms_title"         "Capes, Headlands & Points"

      END

    PROJECTION

        "+proj=longlat +ellps=GRS80 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +no_defs"

    END

END

As you can see I am sizing the output symbol which is a 20x20px PIXMAP
image - this is working great however the position of the image needs to
be OFFSET up by half the size of the image (to make the actual point be
the center of the image) - I have tried using OFFSET however when the
image size changes (based on SYMBOLSCALE)the offsets are wrong. Is there
a way to OFFSET image symbols based on the SYMBOLSCALE and MAX/MIN
SIZES?

Regards

David