[mapserver-users] Scaling Image Symbol Offset

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Fri Jul 17 04:50:13 EDT 2009

RFC 45 suggests several rendering improvements for Mapserver,
including adding a tag (CENTER/ORIGIN) for specifying the
centre of a symbol.  This feature has, however, not been
given priority yet (there are workarounds for the most
important cases).

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-45.html

CENTER/ORIGIN [x y]

Defines the centre of the symbol using decimal pixels (x axis increasing to the right, y axis increasing downwards).

     * Is used for placing a point symbol on the map or on a “decorated” line
     * Defines the center of rotation if an ANGLE is specified for point symbols.
     * Default value is the centre of the symbol’s bounding box.
     * Applies to TYPE ellipse, vector, pixmap, truetype.

Håvard

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB