[mapserver-users] Problems with non-square pixels

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 17 12:53:52 EDT 2009

Pfeiffer Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thx for your answers. It seems that possibility 2 solves the problem.
> Although I can't understand wherefore this is only a problem for portrait
> and not for landscape. Now we have the problem that we do need exactly this
> BBOX because we want to print a user given scale. So is it possible to send
> a float width and height to mapserver or do we have to change the logic in
> mapwms.c?

Michael,

It is not possible to send floating point WIDTH and HEIGHT values to
MapServer.  I'm not sure why you want the exact BBOX instead of adjusting
it a bit to reflect the actual aspect ratio of the raster requested, but
if you feel strongly about it just let things go into non-square pixel mode.

Best regards,