[mapserver-users] Error running ./configure on a Linux machine

Michalis Avraam michalis at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 17 18:00:46 EDT 2009

Hello all.

 I have tried to compile MapServer 5.4.1 for the last few hours to no
 avail. I cannot get past the ./configure command for some reason. Any
 input will be greatly appreciated.

 Basically, my problem is that ./configure refuses to recognize some of
 the commands I give it for some reason (for example, --with-agg or
 --with-png). It also refuses to find files on the system when I
 specify paths. For example, /usr/sbin/httpd or /usr/bin/xml2-config. I
 have made sure that the files are there, installed correctly, running
 just fine and are accessible by the user running ./configure.

 Any ideas what might be the problem? The following information may be useful.

 Thank you in advance,

 Michalis

 Environment:
 Fedora Core 11 x86
 Intel Core2Duo
 2GB Ram

 Configure script run:
 ./configure --enable-debug              \
            --with-freetype=/usr        \
            --with-zlib=/lib            \
            --with-png=/usr/lib         \
            --with-jpeg                 \
            --with-libiconv=/usr        \
            --with-gd                   \
            --with-agg=/usr/lib         \
            --with-proj=/usr            \
            --with-threads              \
            --with-geos=/usr/bin/geos-config    \
            --with-ogr=/usr/bin/gdal-config     \
            --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config    \
            --with-tiff                         \
            --with-postgis=/usr/bin/pg_config   \
            --with-wcs                  \
            --with-wfsclient            \
            --with-wmsclient            \
            --with-sos                  \
            --with-curl-config=/usr/bin/curl-config     \
            --with-xml2-config=/usr/bin/xml2-config     \
            --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd        \
            --with-warnings                     \
            --with-php=/usr/include/php         \

 Configure Report returned: