[mapserver-users] Spatial operations with PHP MapScript? (plus, intersecting raster and polygon?)

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 02:23:07 EDT 2009

Is it possible to do spatial operations with PHP MapScript? Currently, if I want to do intersection between two shapes, I have to write the following postgis queries in my map file:

        DATA    'the_geom from (
            select h.gid, intersection(k.the_geom, h.the_geom) as the_geom
            FROM test.jawabali_konservasi k INNER JOIN
            test.jawabali_hutanlindung h
            ON
            (k.the_geom && h.the_geom AND intersects(k.the_geom, h.the_geom))
            ) as foo using unique gid using srid=-1'

Is it possible to do such thing on the fly with MapScript?

And if spatial operations are possible with MapScript, is it possible to intersect a particular color range of a raster (which is defined in mapfile as CLASS) with polygons?

Many thanks,
-Kresh