[mapserver-users] WMS client sample

Evemar Wernick evemar at paranacidade.org.br
Thu Jul 23 08:47:28 EDT 2009

Evemar Wernick wrote:
>/ Hi all,
/>/
/>/ I'm trying to show a WMS layer in Mapserver (5.4.1). I've tried to use
/>/ lots of samples from the Internet, but without success.
/>/ It woks fine with some local data (shapefiles), so it's not a
/>/ Mapserver/Apache problem (I'm using MS4W). I also have tested the
/>/ connection url in ArcGis, and was ok.
/>/ When I try to get WMS layer, it just show a blank rectangle...
/>/ Does anyone could help or send me some working sample (html and .map)?
/

Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My guess is that you're running into projection problems.  Here are some
>> quick notes:
>>
>> - make sure your MAP level EXTENTS match the projection defined at the
>> MAP level
>> - if you don't have a projection object at MAP level then add one
>> (think of this as output projection)
>> - make sure your WMS layer contains a projection object, in order to
>> tell MapServer what the requested image's projection is
>> - the EPSG code is the code that you requested from the WMS server
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> --
>> Jeff McKenna
>> FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services
>> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help. I already tried to change projections/extents. Even following the original samples available on the Internet, it didn't work...

I don't know what is wrong... So, I think it would be better if someone who have a working code could send it to me... If it still not work, could be my mapserver.

Regards,
Evemar