[mapserver-users] Querymap

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jul 24 23:26:09 EDT 2009

Hi Daniel: Sadly, no. It's primarily because there's only one querymap for potentially
all the layers so symbolization could become quite complex as different layers are processed.
A better solution is to store a selection style with each layer. Depending on your application
you might be able to work around this limitation using dynamic expressions. For example:

# selected feature layer
LAYER
  NAME 'selected'
  LABELITEM 'keyfield'
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION '%keyvalue%'
    ...styles to draw the feature in a selected manner...
    METADATA
      keyvalue_validation_pattern  'some regex to make sure the keyvalue is of the proper form'
    END
  END
END

Then if using the CGI you could call MapServer with a primary key from the selected
feature, e.g.:

  /cgi-bin/mapserv?map=...&layer=selected&keyvalue=1234

If your app knows stuff about the selected feature (either as part of a template presentation or
perhaps the query was done via ajax) then this works nicely.

Steve

>>> Daniel Degasperi <daniel.degasperi at r3-gis.com> 07/23/09 3:42 AM >>>
Hello MapServer Users,
I've been using the Querymap-Feature of MapServer. As I understand the
objects are highlighted by changing the color. It would be very nice to
have the possibility to define other style-properties like SIZE,
OUTLINECOLOR, etc. Is this possible?

Best regards
Daniel Degasperi

--