[mapserver-users] Applying a hatch over a line layer

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Jul 27 07:44:31 EDT 2009

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your solution and it draws a dashed
line paralel to my feature (on each side because the symbol is thicker).
This is nice, but I was wondering if it's possible to draw the lines at
an angle relative to my feature, thus created the "hatch" effect.

If this is not possible with a simple symbol - would it be possible with
a graphical symbol (picture)? And if yes, should I expect a high
performance penalty?

Thanks again,
Adrian